Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another Taper

This time I'm getting ready for the Black Hills 100. A nice run from Sturgis, SD to Hill City, SD and back. I'd say I have a chip on my shoulders after Kettle two weeks ago, and I'm committed, if anything, to being more flexible this time. If my plans start going awry, the goal is to finish in hte best possible form, not throw in the towel.

I finished my longest run before the race this morning, and this coming week will only run three times before hitting the road with Brian and Bill. It'll be a fun trip out there, Brian will be running the 100k and Bill will be taking care of me, pretty damn generous of a guy I only really met a couple of months ago. There's going to be a pretty strong contingent of Minnesota runners out there, with myself, Brian, Helen, Paul, Chris (if he's running), Darryl, and several others I don't know.

I'm looking forward to this, I love the Black Hills, having spend many years going out there rock climbing, and now enjoying them with my latest passion.

1 comment:

  1. Go get em, Adam! You'll do great, now that your head is screwed on right. :)

    ReplyDelete